Thursday 8 November 2012

Highlights of Camp - By Year 4's

CASSANDRA
A boat took us back to camp from Anchorage Bay and I really liked it a lot! The boat did lots of turns and donuts.  It  was scary but fun at the same time.  I was next to a window but if I was at the back I would have fallen out!  It was my first time on a boat and I would like to go on a big boat like the Interislander Ferry.

JOSH
We walked to Anchorage bay.We saw lots of tree ferns. They are called Mamakau which means black tree fern. The water made me want to swim in it because it was so blue!

KINGSLEY
We went kayaking.  I was nervous because it was my first time. It turned out to be heaps of fun! Mr Andrews towed me to help me to paddle!

ALEESHA
At camp Mrs J called Room 4, Year 4, Room 3 kids. We made damper. You need flour, water and you can twirl it on a stick. I didn't like it very much. I liked the marshmallows better, mmmmm! We did water colour painting of the view. It looked cool. I liked it.  I went kayaking and I fell out 2 times. I got black feet. I won the race! Yay!

SHAEMUS
We went on the walk to Anchorage Bay. It was about 11kms to walk to Anchorage Bay from Marahau. It was very fast on the boat!  When we first got to Marahau, I got bitten by a crab on the beach walk. Ouch!

MRS J
I am proud of our Year 4's!  It was great to see all of them try and succeed at all of the activities.  The walk to Anchorage Bay was my highlight!  Our Year 4's didn't give up and it was great to see them encouraging each other and the smiles when we reached the beach was priceless!!  Thanks for a great camp, Year 4's!


No comments:

Post a Comment